Hi, I’m Sam!
I’m 26 years old, I’m from Brisbane, Australia and I’m obsessed with personal development!
I mean, I love other things too – travel, indoor greenery, the beach, fairy lights, inspiring podcasts, Keeping Up With The Kardashians (don’t judge me), my boyfriend Steve and any cocktail with vodka.
Why I Started Smart Twenties
I started Smart Twenties back in 2013 because I couldn’t find any blogs I could really, truly relate to.
No one was talking about the stuff I really wanted to know – how to figure out what the hell to do with my life (finally did that this year – eeee!), how to stay consistent and how to actually stick to a habit (I’ve now learned so much I created a 28-day habit bootcamp for perfectionists).
Even though I had big ambitions, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and was too unsure of myself to give any kind of real advice! So I just posted links to things I found inspiring and helpful with a couple of sentences alongside it.
But persistence pays off and hard work pays off!
Now, almost three years later, Smart Twenties is a popular personal development blog helping thousands of ambitious women from all around the world make the most of their twenties. And earlier this year, I left my full-time accounting job to pursue blogging – fuck yes!
I also started a Youtube channel so I can share even more advice and post helpful videos every single day, like this:
- I’m an INFJ – I’m a dreamer, I’m creative and I always look for the good in others. I’m also a perfectionist and tend to burn out easily!
- I graduated with a dual degree in law and commerce in July 2015 and worked full-time in insolvency accounting until March 2017, when I quit my job to pursue writing fun things like this.
- I live with my boyfriend Steve (and his family) and have been with him since we were both 16. He’s a paramedic.
- The most helpful book I’ve read recently is You Are A Badass by Jen Sincero (also adored Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss and Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes).
- I’m obsessed with podcasts but my hands down favourite is The Life Coach School by Brooke Castillo.
There are a few things you can do:
- Use one of my popular FREE guides:
- Join me in the Smart Twenties Community on Facebook
- Watch my Youtube videos
Please say hello!
I’d absolutely love to hear from you – please email me at email@example.com or fill in the contact form below!